The Koch Hazard Architects Interior Designer’s job is to combine creativity and technical knowledge with communication skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. A design aesthetic mentorship and Revit training course will be provided to the successful candidate if interested.
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school. This opportunity is open to upcoming 2020 graduates.
- Proficient in Revit.
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills. Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and rigorous environment.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and/or Sketch-Up is preferred.
Special considerations will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Master of Architecture degree
- NCIDQ certification
- 3+ years of interior design experience in a professional setting
- February 11, 2020 (applications open)
- February 28, 2020 (applications close)
- March 2-11, 2020 (finalist interviews; 2 interviews)
- March 13, 2020 (internship awarded)
Interested and qualified candidates are asked to send the following information:
- cover letter with short description of your interest in Koch Hazard Architects
- letter of recommendation
- portfolio (if over 10MB, please consider sending a hard copy, sending a website link or using some other file sharing source)
by mail or email to:
- Brooke Wegener
- Koch Hazard Architects
- 431 North Phillips Avenue, Suite 200
- Sioux Falls, SD, 57104
- Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. & Friday, 8:00-12:00 p.m. (year-round)
- Start date is negotiable
A competitive salary based on experience will be presented to the successful applicant. The Koch Hazard Architects benefits package includes: health, dental, vision and supplemental insurance, paid maternity leave, paid paternity leave, paid time off, retirement investment opportunities (401K and profit sharing), education and membership assistance, bonus program and other workplace perks.
Koch Hazard Architects, founded in 1961, is a professional service firm of 15 architects, planners and interior designers, located in Sioux Falls, SD. The firm collaborates with great clients to achieve their goals through innovative design.