Koch Hazard Architects is looking to hire a full-time Interior Designer.
The Koch Hazard Architects Interior Designer’s job is to combine creativity and technical knowledge with communication skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. The Interior Designer will lead the project’s interior design and specification within the scope of the client’s approved budget. The Interior Designer will work extensively with all project team members and at all phases of the project. The Interior Designer will work diligently to ensure a positive and successful client experience.
Interested applicants should send a resume, three professional references and portfolio to Brooke Wegener at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a hard copy to Koch Hazard Architects, 431 N. Phillips Avenue, STE 200, Sioux Falls, SD 57104.
- Takes responsibility for interior design for projects.
- Performs interior design assignments, including: programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning, construction documentation, construction administration, substantial completion punchlists and warranty reviews.
- Generates program and construction documents in the predominant drafting software used for the construction documents or appropriate software for programming documents, this includes: interior elevations, finish plans, finish details, enlarged casework plans and detailing (as necessary), and room finish schedules.
- Works independently with oversight from Project Manager and Principal-in-Charge at major milestones.
- Leads the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting.
- Researches and stays current with materials, systems, lighting, and other products relevant to interior design.
- Writes accurate product specifications, budgets, change orders, and performs/checks code reviews.
- Independently completes submittal reviews.
- Takes responsibility for assignments with specified objectives that require investigation of alternatives.
- Coordinates work with other disciplines.
- Produces proposals and other documents requested by clients for interiors only projects.
- Produces furniture and signage packages.
- Assists in generating additional program documents, such as: interior window types, casework, details, reflected ceiling plans and special interior features in construction documents.
- Assists in renderings.
- Assists the Principal-in-Charge in managing client expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field from an accredited school.
- Min. 5+ years of interior design experience in a professional setting.
- NCIDQ certification preferred.
- LEED GA or above certification preferred.
- Proficient in Revit.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and SketchUp preferred.
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications.
About Koch Hazard Architects
Koch Hazard Architects, founded in 1961, is a professional service firm of 15 architects, planners, interior designers and graphic designers in Sioux Falls, SD. For the past twenty years, Koch Hazard Architects has had more projects recognized with AIA South Dakota Design Awards than any other firm in the state. We pioneered LEED facilities in the state of South Dakota and continue to push the envelope in sustainable design. Each Koch Hazard Architects project is a unique, innovative response to a specific set of client needs and project circumstance.
- Paid time off
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Health insurance and other types of insurance
- Retirement investment opportunities
- Education and professional membership assistance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee, parking pass, etc. and many more