Date of Completion: 2007 | Area: 6,640 SF
First Presbyterian Church was built in 1928-30. With an aging congregation, the church needed a new fellowship space, kitchen and restrooms on the same floor as the sanctuary and a new accessible main entry incorporating an elevator large enough for caskets. The addition needed to respect the beloved original church. This fellowship hall addition expands the church in a natural, organic way. Warm colors and wood bracket details are inspired by the character of the original building. This project is a 2009 AIA South Dakota Design Merit Award winner.