Date of Completion: 2009 | Area: 49,475 SF (addition)
The new Freeman Elementary school replaces a deteriorating and undersized 1925 building. The elementary school is connected to the existing junior/ senior high school, saving site acquisition costs and increasing the efficiency of district operations. The adjacency allows shared facilities and staff between the schools when necessary while maintaining a distinct separation between younger and older students during the school day. The two-section addition provides classrooms, computer labs, a library, music room, gymnasium, cafeteria/ commons and support spaces for preschool through 6th grade students.