Koch Hazard Architects is looking to hire a full-time Architectural Drafter. The Koch Hazard Architectural Drafter’s job is to coordinate and draft documents from Schematic Design through Construction Documents, and adhere to our high quality of standards for these documents.
Interested applicants should send a resume, two professional references and portfolio (with Revit drawing samples) to Brooke Wegener at bwegener@Kochhazard.com or mail a hard copy to Koch Hazard Architects, 431 N. Phillips Ave., STE 200, Sioux Falls, SD 57104. The position will remain open until filled.
- Use computer-aided drafting (REVIT/BIM) software to create full-scale and detailed designs of buildings and interiors from an architect/interior designer’s rough drawings.
- Understand building codes and regulations, and how they affect architectural designs.
- Coordinate with structural, electrical, and mechanical design drawings.
- Assist in generating additional program documents, such as: interior window types, casework, details, reflected ceiling plans and special interior features in construction documents.
- Review submittals and assist with Construction Administration as needed.
- Assist in renderings (if experience is applicable).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Technical Drafting or other Design Degree with multiple years’ experience with REVIT.
- Min. 3+ years of experience in a professional setting preferred, but consideration will be given to recent graduates.
- Proficient in REVIT.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and SketchUp a plus but not required.
- Paid time off
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement investment opportunities
- Stackable bonus program
- Education and professional membership assistance
- Option for hybrid work schedule (in-office and from home) and flexible work schedule following introductory period
- Workplace perks such as food, coffee, meals, snacks, parking pass and many more.
Koch Hazard Architects, founded in 1961, is a professional service firm of 15 architects, planners, interior designers and graphic designers in Sioux Falls, SD. For the past twenty years, Koch Hazard Architects has had more projects recognized with AIA South Dakota Design Awards than any other firm in the state. We pioneered LEED facilities in the state of South Dakota and continue to push the envelope in sustainable design. Each Koch Hazard Architects project is a unique, innovative response to a specific set of client needs and project circumstance.