Date of Completion: 2003 | Area: 6,125 SF (addition) 3,915 SF (renovation)
This design-build project adds a dramatic new fellowship space linking an existing sanctuary and a former parish hall which is renovated into a new chapel. Sensitively expanding a beautiful 1953 church, the addition steps up in glass and stone-like precast panels from the low parish wall to the high sanctuary. Transparent yet warm, a welcoming new image is created for an established congregation ready to grow. This project is a 2004 AIA South Dakota Design Honor Award winner.