The KHA Internship occurs in a professional and fun setting, and will provide a well-rounded, real-project experience working on a variety of project types. Individuals must be interested in working in all phases of the design process in addition to administrative tasks, graphics, media development, and research, as needed.
Following the internship, a cash scholarship in the amount of $2,000 will be awarded in support of continuing education.
- Candidates must have the following qualifications:
- minimum of three years in the Interior Design program.
- excellent conceptual design ability.
- strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and rigorous environment.
- ability to use Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or Sketch-Up is encouraged.
- January 20, 2020 (applications open)
- February 17, 2020 (applications close)
- February 24-28, 2020 (finalist interviews)
- March 6, 2020 (internship awarded)
Interested and qualified candidates are asked to send the following information:
- cover letter with short description of your interest in Koch Hazard Architects
- letter of recommendation from a faculty member in your academic department
- portfolio (if over 10MB, please consider sending a hard copy, or sending a website link or using some other file sharing source)
by mail or email to:
- Brooke Wegener
- Koch Hazard Architects
- 431 North Phillips Avenue, Suite 200
- Sioux Falls, SD, 57104
Hours: 600 Total Hours (up to 15 weeks at 40 hours per week)
Schedule: Mid May – Mid August | flexible start and end date
A competitive hourly wage will be presented to the successful applicant.
About: Koch Hazard Architects, founded in 1961, is a professional service firm of 15 architects, planners and interior designs, located in Sioux Falls, SD. The firm partners with great clients to achieve their goals through innovative design and effective delivery of high-quality projects.